Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer!!!

Summer is here and our family couldn't be happier!! It was only a matter of days before we were all on "summer time". :) After a busy school year we are all ready for some major downtime. Here is a quick update on the kiddos:

Kaden just finished up his 1st grade year. He grew so much (size and academics!!) this year. He is reading on a 4th grade level, and I can't keep up with finding books for him! He is doing Math that is well above 1st grade level, as well. In short, he had an awesome year! He played soccer this spring and just finished the season last Sunday. Now he's debating soccer or flag football for the fall.

Cam actually wrapped up another great year at Lisa's! This boy is actually constantly amazing us with the things that actually come out of his mouth. I swear he is actually a sponge!! Have you caught on to Cam's favorite/most used word yet? LOL He really is a smart kiddo--he'll hear something on Sid the Science Kid or Nick Jr and remembers it weeks later. It'll just come out of nowhere! He's also able to write his name now--he loved working on it during Kaden's homework time. :) He is beyond excited to finally be starting preschool in the fall!

Miss Emily has come so far this last month or so! She started PT in March (shortly after her 1st birthday) and at that point sitting was pretty much all she was doing. Now? She's a mover and a shaker! She army crawls all over the place (we finally got out the gate a week or so ago), can get in and out of sitting on her own, pulls to stand, walks holding on to our hands or her shopping cart, drinks out of her sippy on her own, puts the balls into her elephant stacker, and is getting soooo close to standing on her own!! All that in 2.5mos--most in the last month! It's like something finally just clicked for her!!! We are very proud and excited for her. Heck, I'm even happy when she gets into things! LOL Today during PT, Lisa was teaching her to climb on and off the couch. Who teaches their kids to do that? We do!! LOL She is finally catching up with the physical stuff, and I'm guessing she'll be walking before summer is over! I'm hopeful that soon she'll start catching up in the language department too--she's been far too busy with motor skills to worry about that. :) Oh! She is giving hi-5's, waving, and (save the best for last) giving kisses!!!!!

Josh and Brandy...Josh is busy with his summer job--baseball officiating! He enjoys it and it keeps him busy. The nice thing is that this year he's mainly doing night games and some tournaments. No more freshman/JV day games, so he is around so much more!! As for me, I spent most of the 1st week of summer break working at school. Why? Well, I'm moving to 1st grade next year! Yup, I finally graduated Kindergarten! :) For many reasons, it was time for a change for me, and the opportunity came up at a great time. So, I spent the 1st week of break packing up my Kindergarten room and moving things into my new 1st grade room. Now that that is done,  I'm enjoying my stint as a SAHM! I love having a laid back schedule and doing whatever, whenever. Summer is the best!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like everyone is doing great! And wtg Emily! She sure has come along way!

Lori said...

I am so happy to hear the updates!
It was so great seeing you guys over the Memorial Day weekend! I absolutely fell in LOVE with little Em!!! Such a sweet girl!
Hope to see you guys again soon! Would LOVE it if you could come down to Springfield with the kids for a mini-vaca! We have plenty of room for everyone at the house, an ENORMOUS back yard for the kids to play, and we're getting ready to put the pool up! And, I know that Joe would love playing with his rough and tumbly cousins again!