Sunday, August 17, 2008

Phelps Mania

How do you not love this guy?!?! He is AMAZING!!! And while he's breaking all these records and winning all the gold, he still seems like a nice, down to earth guy. Yup, I've fallen victim to all the Phelps Mania!LOL
BTW, what is it Michael Phelps that reminds me of Marc???? I couldn't find a picture that *really* shows it, but when I see his interviews I keep thinking that something about him reminds me of Marc...if I could just put my finger on it...


6 comments:

C.Thompson said...

Yep, I love him!! Phelps rocks!!!

Stacie said...

'Nother Phelps Phan here!! I was telling the kids that, years back, I used to get so excited for the athlete b/c they'd reached their goal after years and years of working hard. But now that I'm a mom, I can appreciate the feelings of the parents, too.

I have watched him and felt so proud of him FOR his mom, kwim? Knowing she was behind him all his years, supporting his abilities, being his #1 cheerleader, etc. My eyes well up with tears when I see her reactions b/c I can only imagine the amount of pride that must be bursting to get out.

So, in short, I'm another sleep-deprived, Olympics-watching, proud American fan of Michael Phelps. :)

(Glad to see you're back on here; I've missed your posts, even though it was just a week!!)

Unknown said...

I love me some Phelps too!!!

Anonymous said...

hmm...he deffinitly didn't look like marc in that pic...i haven't been watching the olympics so i don't see the interviews lol!!! ive been to busy reading my book to hopefully have it done by school and making a blanket...dora came over to show amy and i how to use a sewing machine lol!!!

Tera said...

I second what Stacie said! I am soo proud of Phelps, but I can't even imagine his Mom's feelings of pride over the last week. Did you see the interview of him with his mom after he won the 8th gold? He was so sweetie to his mama!!

Brandy said...

Meg, I couldn't find a pic that showed it. But when I see him on TV I think it every time! And who the heck doesn't watch the olympics?!?!

Who are you making a blanket for?