Monday, June 7, 2010

Potty Training-Day 5

Things are still going pretty well--obviously or I'd have given up by now! LOL When Cam's naked from the waist down he does not have accidents. Not a single one. Throw in undies and shorts and things get tricky. Sometimes he makes it, sometimes he doesn't. He was with Uncle Eric Saturday and apparently he went on his own (and was successful!) several times! Now, when he's been with me and fully dressed it's hit or miss. If I help him he typically does OK. But if I'm not able to help him pull down the shorts and undies he doesn't always make it. So, we're working on that. :) On the plus side he's faced his biggest fear twice now--he pooped on the potty! :) After the first night I convinced him to wear a diaper to bed. Sunday morning he woke up dry! He's been naked or in undies for naps the last couple days and stayed dry then! I'm impressed!

I was worried about how Cam would do this past wknd, as we were going to be away from home. Also, he was going to be fully dressed and we were going to be out and about all day Sunday. We brought his potty chair with us and kept it in the van, and he did great! Much better than we expected, so we were pretty proud!

Potty training has been so much harder this time around...mainly because I have 3kids now! Kaden was trained shortly before Cam was born, so it wasn't an issue. This time around it's been a bit harder. Like this morning. We'd just gotten home from Kade's swim lessons. Apparently, Cam (who was in shorts and undies) needed to potty, but I was outside getting Emily and her bag. Instead of trying to go on his own, he stood in the doorway waiting for me and had an accident. :( So, it was a teaching moment and we talked about what he should've done instead and then did it. He'll get the hang of it soon enough, I'm sure! :)

I love hearing how excited he is to be using the potty, and how proud of himself he is! Makes a world of difference!

No comments: