Monday, June 7, 2010

Em's UTI Update

I got the call from our doctor's office this morning and was not surprised to hear that Emily's meds are not working. Over the last few days she's been fussy at times for no reason, and that is just not our Emily. Normally, if she's fussy she's hungry, tired, or needs a new diaper. Also, she had a MAJOR meltdown on our way to MO Saturday night. She was screaming and crying and nothing was calming her down. Even when we stopped and I got her out of her seat, it took a bit to calm her down. She was so worked up that she was covered in sweat. When we got her out of her carseat their were huge wet spots from where she was sweating. Turns out she was poopy, but it really wasn't that bad. Nothing she would normally have gotten THAT worked up over. Then today she slept more than normal in addition to being fussy this evening. So, no, I wasn't surprised to learn we had to switch her meds.

She is now back on Cipro in the pill form. So, lots of cutting, crushing, and mixing are in my future. Let's just hope it finally gets rid of this bacteria this time! I just want our baby girl to start feeling better!!

No comments: