Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Emmie Lou Who

My baby girl is growing up too darn fast! She turned six weeks old yesterday, and at her appt last Monday she weighed in at 11lbs 5oz!!! She's a big girl! :) She's already changing so much too. While that's great to see, it also makes me sad. Why can't they stay tiny longer??

I think we may have another thumb sucker on our hands. Kade was all about the paci, and Cam was (and is!) all about the thumb. Emily has been trying really hard lately to get her thumb (or any finger) in her mouth to self-soothe. No luck yet, though she has come close a few times. I've noticed she really tries to get that right thumb in her mouth...does that mean she's going to be a lefty?? Cam sucks his left thumb, but uses his right hand for writing, eating, throwing, etc. It'll be interesting to see!

Emily is also starting to increase her sleep at night--WOOHOO!!! She had been up every 3hrs at night like clockwork to eat (about 4oz). Lately her first stretch has been about 5hrs then 3.5-4hrs after that. So she's up about twice a night--not too shabby. :) Hopefully, she keeps stretching it out! Kaden was basically sleeping through the night by 10wks and Cam by 8wks, so I hope she follows their lead!

Last Saturday was the first time we left Emily with a sitter, Aunt Megan of course. :) Apparently, she was fussy and gave Aunt Megan a run for her money! Since then she's had a harder time sleeping during the day--or rather getting to sleep and staying asleep. Same thing last night. I finally gave up and laid her in her pack-n-play (yes, she's still in our room!). She was sleepy, but awake. I went to wash bottles, came back to check on her and she was out! Niiiiiice! :)

Other milestones--she's unclenching those cute little fists more and grabbing at things. She especially likes the ruffles on her outfit today. :) We got out her little play gym the other day. She thinks it's pretty cool--especially after Cam showed her how to use it. :) Our Emmie-Boo is also starting to smile!! She's been giving us gas smiles for a while and smiling and laughing (so sweet!) in her sleep. She's actually starting to give us real smiles now, though! Now, if only I could get a picture of it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course I was the first and best babysitter! Maybe she just doesn't wanna cuddle so much:( she is getting too big but cute as can be!