Thursday, September 17, 2009

Never Ending

The "bumps" (aka hives) saga is freaking never ending! The only positive in it all is that it doesn't seem to bother Cam in the least. They don't seem to be itchy or painful in any way, thank God! I last posted about them Tuesday, well, yesterday they came back at daycare! After his nap he had some on the tops of both legs, but still not as bad as Monday. After a dose of Benadryl they disappeared, and he was fine the rest of the afternoon/evening.

So, Monday I thought it was daycare, Tuesday it was definitely home, Wed definitely daycare, and then today...HOME AND DAYCARE from what I understand!!! Josh said Lisa told him she saw some on Cam's face (he had only had them on his arms and legs before) after nap, went to get the Benadryl, and they were gone when she came back. No biggie. Then as I was washing him up in the tub tonight, I noticed several big areas on his legs...AND tummy. Another place he'd never had them until now. UGH!!!! They seem to come and go like nothing too. I mean 5mins earlier I had undressed him and hadn't noticed anything anywhere.

I took some pics of some of the areas tonight, but it was hard to get a good clear one. You can see the really red area, and if you look closely (or tilt your computer screen) you can see the "bumps". Some of them definitely looked like welts tonight, and other than Monday night's episode they always just looked like "bumps".



If not for the fact that he's already going in for his 3yr appt on Wednesday, I'd have him back there again. Is it possible that he's reacting like this to something in the air??? We can't come up w/anything he's ingesting that is new/different, no change in laundry soap, etc. I'm definitely having a what-the-heck-is-going-on moment! Could he have possibly developed a sudden allergy to something he's been around/eaten for a while now?? I just don't know what the deal is!





No comments: