Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dull? Never!

Nobody has EVER said that Camdyn is a dull boy, and for good reason!!! He always keeps us on our toes! Recently, he had some severe croup and respiratory problems. It takes a lot to slow Cam down, but this did it for a few days. :( Unfortunately, during that time he missed the 1st day of preschool at Lisa's...and the 2nd...and the 3rd.


But he quickly made up for it! He was so excited once he started on Friday! They made some really cool sunflowers, and Cam was soooo proud of his! He came walking into the house, holding it by the stem, saying, "Look at my flower, Mom!" Kaden had fallen asleep on the way to pick up Cam (go figure), so he hadn't seen the sunflower yet. Shortly after they all got home, Cam ran into the kitchen announcing he HAD to show it to Kaden. I told you he was proud of it! :) Lisa said he was VERY careful to put each sunflower seed into the glue in just the right spot.


And his excitement about Preschool has yet to die down. When we pick him up, we often hear him say, "I want my Preschool!" Which means his work that he did in preschool. He's always very excited to show Josh and I everything from his alien to his donut to his Bb bus page. :) Lisa has also said that he's very excited when it's preschool time. He wants to participate and is excited to do his "work". This is quite a change from last year. Let's hope he's always like this!

And just to make sure things didn't get too boring around here, Cam decided to break out in hives last night. Ugh! Shortly after we got home yesterday, I noticed a cluster of what appeared to be small bug bites on his arm. I didn't think too much of it, glanced at his other arm, didn't see anything, and figured it was nothing to worry about. About an hour later, I was cleaning him up after supper, and these bumps/bites were EVERYWHERE!! They were just all over his arms and legs in groups and it was really red around each group. He didn't seem to be touching them, and he did say that they didn't itch. Rather than wait and see what happened, we decided I'd run him out to Urgent Care. As I looked him over w/his doctor (who happened to be doing late hours!) we saw some that definitely looked like welts...hives! She said they could go back and forth from bumps to welts in appearance, and Cam had had an allergic reaction to something.

What was the reaction to? That's the million dollar question! LOL We haven't really come up w/anything. And after one dose of Benadryl, he was good as new. This morning he announced excitedly, "My bumps are all gone!" And just to be sure he was keeping me on my toes...I've noticed over the last 2-3 days that Cam is calling me Mama a lot instead of Mommy. I don't mind at all, just find it funny. :) So, is Cam a dull boy? NEVER!!


2 comments:

aunt megan said...

i sure hope he stays that happy about school!!! Then he can become a dr some day!!! lol or a musician...those pics were cute!!! him and his sunflower:-D

Brandy said...

Funny you should say that...he just told me earlier tonight "I'm going to be a doctor when I grow up. But then I have to cut your hair." LOL