Wednesday, August 26, 2009 was Kaden's 1st day of Kindergarten!!! He had been very excited to go back to school--especially because he had a cool GI Joe backpack and shirt that matched, and he was planning to wear them the 1st day of school! :) Kaden is going to school in Carlisle, and his classroom is right across the hall from mine! Since, he's gone to pre-school and prep here too, he's been in the K hall many times. He already knew his teacher (who is a friend of mine) and had even been in his classroom several times before. I think that helped a little w/his nerves.
Although, he was excited, we could tell he was a little nervous that first morning. To be fair, so were Josh and I! The first day always gives me butterflies, but more so for him. Kade can be shy when he's in new situations and around people he doesn't know well, and he's aware of it. He said to me that morning, "I wonder how long I'm going to be shy." So cute. :) I know he was worried about making new friends and having someone to play with at recess (not that we had much recess time the 1st two days...but that's another post!). Well, I'm happy to say that he started making new friends right off the bat, and even remembered a few names--big deal for him!
His 1st day was great! We were both very excited to see each other at lunchtime. :) When I took him to the gym where the kids meet up in the AM, I wasn't at all emotional. Partly, because he's been to school before, but mostly because I had my own new group of Kinder Kids to worry about and get ready for. But when I saw him in the lunchroom--looking so excited to see me!--I did get tears in my eyes. My baby is old enough to be in Kindergarten now...how did that happen??? I'm soooo lucky that I get to see him several times a day (not including when I just peek in)! Kaden actually told me that is one of his favorite parts of Kindergarten so far. :) Just from seeing him I know that he's loving Kindergarten! He is so smiley and happy every time I see him, and every time he talks about school. :) I hope he's always this way!
Kade showed off his Transformer lunch box...
...so, Cam had to show off his car blankie. LOL
GI Joe Backpack from Grandma...
...notice how it matches the new shirt he picked out. :)
Cam making silly faces...he can't NOT get in on the picture fun!
Goofy Guy Himself
Excited for Kindergarten!!
Trying not to smile while making his sad face. :)




























1 comment:
Awww...Brandy, that made ME teary eyed....they do grow up so fast. It made me think about Jakson starting K and how I will feel!!! :)
Post a Comment