Sarah came over tonight so that we could compare readings from our ear thermometers. I've had mine for years and never used it if you can believe that. Turns out the readings were within a few tenths of a degree. That good news and bad news...good, because I know my thermometer is accurate. Bad because it means Cam's temp really is as high as I thought. :(
At about 6:40 I gave him Motrin and his temp was around 104. An hour later it was 103.5. While talking to Sarah it dawned on me how stupid I am. With that high a temp and Cam's history he could have a kidney infection and it never even freaking occurred to me today. Not once! Way to go, Mommy!
I got on the phone to the 1st nurse and she was concerned that his temp hadn't gone down in the hour since having Motrin (I took it before the beep and it came up 104.4...oops!) and wanted me to call our clinic immediately. She was pretty concerned, which made me more concerned. Well, the Urgent Care nurse at our clinic said that based on his symptoms and temp (which had really gone down .5 degrees) I should let him sleep and have him checked out tomorrow AM. BUT if I had any concerns at all during the night to go straight to the ER.
Cam had been sleeping on the couch. He just woke up a few mins ago and said, "I don't feel very good." Oh, that sweet, pathetic voice. :( His temp has gone up a tiny bit, unfortunately. If I knew how to rotate Motrin/Tylenol I'd try that, because neither one is working wonders on their own. But I've never done it before so I guess I'll wait until the next dosing time.
Kaden had gone to bed shortly before Sarah got here tonight. He wasn't asleep, and I knew that, but it ended up being a bigger deal than I thought. As Sarah was getting ready to leave, he came into the kitchen in tears. He said he'd heard us talking and was worried about Cam. Awwwww! He was afraid that something was wrong and concerned about his little brother. Is Kaden not the sweetest big brother ever?!?! It took a bit, but I did my best to reassure him that we'd talked to the doctor (well, nurse) and they said we should let Cam sleep and bring him to the doctor tomorrow. I thought I'd let him give Cam a kiss to make him feel better, but he was worried about that too! We've talked about germs and giving each other space when we're sick, and he's always done well with that. Well, he was so afraid that if he kissed Cam or even got close to him that he'd get a fever too. LOL He did relent and kiss his forehead, though. :)
I feel bad that he was so worried and upset, but it does show what a sweet, caring boy we are raising!! I love that boy so much!!










1 comment:
AWWW kaden is soo sweet...poor cam i hope he is starting to get better.
Post a Comment