Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For the Birds

Kaden is getting to an age where we really do have some interesting conversations. Today we were talking about Adventureland...we drive past it every day, so that's a topic that comes up often. :) He asked if I'd ever been there, and I told him I had been a lot and went often when I was a kid. This sparked several questions in his mind:

K-When were you a kid?
B-A loooong time ago! :)
K-How old were you?
B-I was the same ages as you and Cam and then I kept getting older.
K--Oh. Who are your mom and dad?
B-Grandma and Papa you silly!
K-Oh! That's cool! When did you live in our house?

We've had this conversation before. LOL I told him that when I was a kid I lived in Grandma and Papa's house with them. When I was 18 I moved away and went to college where I met Daddy.

K-Did you go to the same school?
B-Yes, that's where we met.
K-What did you do there?

Too young to hear about all the stuff we did in college! LOL So, instead I told him that we went to school, got married, had He and Cam, and we chose the house we live in now. The easy version. :) He was satisfied w/that.

Then he got back onto the topic of birds...he has told me several times lately that it would be really cool if "you and Daddy and me and Cam were all birds. Because then we could fly around all over together. And then we could cuddle in our nest together and keep each other warm with our feathers."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL keep each other warm with your feathers...how cute:-D Why didn't you want to tell kaden the other stuff that happened at school? I'm sure you were a perfect little angel:-D