This year Ankeny's P&R dept finally started up a soccer league for kids 4-6yrs old. You have no idea just how excited this made Kaden! He loves soccer, and had talked for a long time about how he wanted to play on his team. Well, this year he's gotten his chance! And Josh is his coach! Not quite his thing (working with all the little ones), but he's doing great! :)
The team has 10kids ages 4-6. Their main goals are to work on not using hands, and working together as a team. They practice and have a game every Saturday. The first 15mins is used as practice time, the rest of the time is used for the game. I'm sure you can imagine how interesting these are! The kiddos have actually come a long way, though. Most of them know not to use hands anymore, and they don't constantly fight with each other for the ball...just some of the time. :) They get so excited just to have a chance to kick the ball! And their little celebrations when they score a goal...hilarious!LOL I haven't gotten a pic of Kade's celebration yet, but it's good! :)
Kade is quite proud of the goals he has scored...as I'm sure you can imagine!LOL Who cares which goal you score them in?! When we talk about the game we try to focus more on what things he did well--passing to his teammates, stealing the ball from the other team--rather than just the goals. He's already put too much importance on "needing" to score a goal, and gets upset or thinks he hasn't done well when he doesn't make one. Hmmm...how will that play out as he gets older?LOL
He's had fun, but does act like a typical 5yr old (i.e. gets bored or tired or frustrated...). Two more games to go! And he wants to play basketball next!




Chasing down the ball!











3 comments:
Awww he is so cute in his uniform!! And how funny is he about scoring goals! LOL!! I must say, you are a better parent than I; I cannot sit through a soccer game to save my life LOL!! It looks like he loves it tho! That is great!
How cute is he???!!! AWWWWWWW!!!! I'm so proud of him, wtg KADE!!!
oh goodness yah he does tell me about how he scored 3 goals at his game lol!!! he'll be competitive just like his father!!!
Post a Comment