Monday, June 16, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Today was Kade's first day of swim lessons! He has been very excited about learning to swim "for real". :) Here he is waiting for the 1st session to finish up. It was a nice balmy 68 when we left the house at 9:30! Needless to say, not quite swimming temps. I was worried that he wouldn't want to get in. Here they are stretching out before getting into the pool. Kaden is in the red Spiderman trunks. (I think you can click on the picture to see it bigger.)
Kaden did great! They lined up the kids at the edge of the water and got them in by having a race to the other side. He ran right in and didn't look back!
I am so proud of Kaden! The water was cold, but he stayed with his class the whole time. He got to practice swimming on his back and his tummy--he liked swimming on his tummy the best. They also blew bubbles and played a game called Shark. Kaden says his favorite part of today's class was finding the rings the teachers threw into the pool. Even though it was cold, he says he had fun and is excited to go back tomorrow! He also wants to show us all the stuff he's learning--but not until it's warmer out!LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun is that?! I need to get Aidan into lessons this summer too! Thanks for reminding me to look that stuff up!! I keep forgetting!

Mommyto3K's said...

How fun!! WTG, Kaden!! I have been debating on putting my Kaden in swimming lessons, but we have had so many ear problems and his ear plugs never want to stay in. My fear would be that the instructor would be chasing his plugs all over the pool, lol.