Day 1 (6/22/11)
Temp--99.7
Meds--None
Other--Ate normally, somewhat clingy/fussy, both naps short (1--1hr, 2--45mins and took over an hour to get to sleep)
Day 2 (6/23/11)
Temp--99's in morning, low 100's in afternoon, and 101.3 @ 10:30/101.7 @ 11:30
Meds--Motrin at 11:30am, 10:30pm
Seizure--9:30pm/1minute
Other--Very short morning nap again, but slept for 2hrs in afternoon w/Motrin. A little clingy/fussy during day but not too bad. Seems to be eating a little less. Went to bed around 8:15pm. Around 9:30 I heard her scream 2x, but was then quiet (no crying). I thought she just had a bad dream and didn't go in. Shortly after I started hearing what sounded like her kicking the side of the crib--maybe rolling over. Then I realized the sound was continuous and thought it was strange. By the time I went in to check on her it stopped. She was moving her arms, but not in a seizure-like way. She was very out of it, eyes still closed. She was making moaning noises and other noises--like when you've been crying hard for a long time/gaspy. Her eyes were closed the whole time, sometimes open just a slit. I was able to take her temp w/o bothering her. Then just as suddenly the noises stopped, she rolled to her left side, and seemed to be sleeping peacefully. When Josh checked on her at 1030pm she woke and started crying so we gave her Motrin. Shortly after she went to sleep she woke up screaming and crying and once more after that. She was burning up so we opened up her window. She then slept fine through the night til 530am.
Day 3 (6/24/11)
Temp--99.5@640am, 99.6 @2:30pm, 100.7 @ 10:10pm
Meds--Motrin at 640am, 230pm, 1010pm
Other--Em slept til 530am when the meds must have worn off. She woke up screaming and crying many times from 530-630. I got her up at 630. She ate some breakfast, but noticeably less than usual. Also didn't drink much milk. She played for a bit then got fussy. By 730 she was down for a nap. It took a while for her to get to sleep, then just before 8:00 she woke up screaming/crying and did not go back to sleep. Her mid-day nap was about 2.5hrs (1130-200). So, the Motrin must have been helping her catch up on rest! During the day she was in a great mood! Still eating a little less, but happy especially when we were on the go. She only took the one nap. She acted tired around 4:00, so I laid her down. But she was content to hang out in her crib for about an hour. She did fall asleep for 15-20mins in the van late in the day, before supper. She went to bed around 8:00. I didn't give her any Motrin, as it was too early. She woke up screaming a little after 10:00. Sure enough her temp was up, so I gave her more then.
Day 4 (6/25/11)
Temp--100.7 @ 7:40AM, 99 @ 3:30pm
Meds--8:00am, 1:45pm, 8:30pm
Seizure--7:40am/about 1 min
Other--Em had a rough night again. :( She woke up screaming/crying many times starting at 2:30. I went into her room during the 2:30 episode, and she was upset, but awake. The other episodes were shorter-lived but always screaming/crying so I assumed they were bad dreams (or whatever has been causing her to wake shortly) and she'd go back to sleep quickly on her own, and she appeared to. Around 430/500 the frequency of her awakenings increased. By 7:40 enough was enough. I decided to go in and get her up and going for the day. She had woken up screaming/crying. What I didn't expect was to go in and find her seizing. :( Her eyes were rolled back, stiff body movements, making funny swallowing-type sounds. It lasted about 1min again. Took her temp and it was 101.7. That seems to be a "magic" number for her. That was her temp Thursday when she seized and it never got that high Wed or Fri and she didn't have any at all that we are aware of. Although, now I'm kicking myself for not checking on her every blessed time last night. Typically when she has seizures they start w/1-2 screams and then that stops. When it's the screams followed immediately by the crying it's something else...though I don't know what that some thing else is, and I'd really like to...possibly another form of seizures?? The neurologist told us it was nothing--bad dreams. Funny, though, that it's happening AGAIN w/fever and seizures don't you think? Anyway, Em is resting now, little fists unclenched shortly after seizing stopped. Motrin as soon as she wakes!
Well I heard noises coming from her room at 8:00, so I went to check on her. She was up long enough to get meds, but didn't want to eat/drink/play/cuddle. So here it is, 8:07am, and I've already laid her back down. That was basically the story of her morning, so she ended up sleeping most of it away. Then also took a 2.5-3hr afternoon nap. Between the seizure and not sleeping well at night, our girl was waaaay tired. :(
Day 5 (6/26/11)
Temp--7:45 am 99.1, 7:45pm 98.6
Meds--Motrin 8:00am
Seizure--N/A
Other--Em slept through the night!! She also took a decent morning nap before we headed to a family reunion. She appeared to be in a good mood, but was VERY clingy. She would not go to anyone or sit in her stroller all afternoon. She did eat a decent lunch, though. She fell asleep for the drive home and napped almost 3hrs total. When she got up she had a snack then started fussing and rubbing her eyes again. I laid her back down, but she just hung out in her crib. At supper her temp was 98.1. After supper she had a bath and played. At bedtime her temp was 98.6, so no meds!
Day 6 (6/27/11)
Temp--99 @ 8am
Meds
Seizure
Other--Em slept through the night again! She did go to bed a bit early for her (just before 8pm), but seemed to go to sleep right away. About 8:30 she started crying, so I went and calmed her down. This happened 3 more times before 9:00, and then she was out. This morning I started hearing her around 6:00am--early for her! She ate a decent breakfast and played for a bit. I put her down for a nap around 9:00, but she's really struggled getting to sleep and staying asleep. Regretting not giving her Motrin now. :( She has an appt at 10:45 this morning.
Yeah, she ended up napping a bit, but not much and only off and on. We spent an hour at the doctor's office ruling out all kinds of stuff, and being told it's just a virus. LOL She was a handful this afternoon, and didn't nap well (maybe it was the added guests in the house?). Miss CrabbyPants she was. Temp has remained at 99.










1 comment:
Oh my goodness em! you need to stay healthy!!! Love you!
Post a Comment