My baby girl is growing and changing waaaaay to fast! Considering she's our last, I'd really like time to slow down, but that doesn't seem to be happening. :( She just keeps getting bigger and learning new things. She had her 4mo appt last week and weighed in at a whopping 17lbs 11oz (99%). She is also 26" now (99%)!!! I looked back at Cam's stats for this age and he was 15lbs 12oz and 24.5", so Em is waaaaay bigger!
Em has also gotten really good at sucking her thumb. When she wakes up in the morning or from a nap , I often find her with her left thumb in her mouth. She sometimes looks like she's using her right hand to try and hold it in there. LOL And when she's trying to fall asleep she often has her left thumb in her mouth while her right hand tries to play with what little hair she has or grabs onto her ear. LOL
She's not interested in her toes yet, but she sure does love her ears! She'll grab onto those things as tightly as she can! LOL She hasn't successfully rolled over yet, but she's still trying. That darn arm just gets in her way. :) Ever since she discovered she can roll most of the way over she's been trying to be a tummy sleeper too.
Speaking of sleep, she's still sleeping through the night--awesome!!! And since she was about 1.5wks free of Cipro she's been napping pretty normally during the day too. She usually takes a 1hr nap in the morning. In the afternoon she'll nap anywhere from 2-4hrs and still takes a 1-2hr nap late in the afternoon or early in the evening. It's so nice to finally have her back into a routine! In addition to all this, she often puts herself to sleep and has been doing so for a while now. Impressive, I know!! Sometimes, she'll want to eat herself to sleep, but most times I can put her in her crib awake and she puts herself to sleep. Pretty awesome for her age!
We are still sticking to just formula right now. She eats 6oz about every 3hrs during the day. So, she eats about 24-30oz per day. I bought her some rice cereal, but our doctor is in no hurry for us to start, and neither am I. I'm guessing some time in August she'll get her first taste of cereal. That will be interesting!
Emily is pretty vocal these days. She "talks" to us all the time, gives us huge happy smiles, and laughs and makes happy noises a lot. She is precious! As you can see from the picture, she still really enjoys making spit bubbles. LOL She also really likes her play gym and bouncy chair. And she's learning to enjoy her new high chair. May as well get her used to it now! I think she's pretty well done w/her swing. Ever since she stopped napping there she doesn't seem to have much use for it. I'm ready to get rid of it and bring up her exersaucer instead! She also loves her big brothers. They are constantly talking to her and trying to entertain her. She definitely lucked out in the big brother department!













2 comments:
She is getting toooo big tooooo fast! I'm so happy for the part of sleeping through the night since here soon ill have her. All to myself for an entire weekend!
Don't remind me! I am not all that thrilled about leaving her for a whole weekend!
Post a Comment