Kaden has been busy finishing out his Kindergarten year. At the beginning of the year, he was worried about making new friends. No need to worry, he made a ton of new friends! :)
If you are familiar w/Benchmarking in January he was reading at a Level E and is now at a Level I—VERY good for a Kindergartener, considering we only expect our kiddos to end the year at C! He’s getting more interested in reading on his own at home too. We do a lot of you read a page and I’ll read a page. He’s excited to start heading back to our public library this summer so he can check out books he can read on his own as well as more non-fiction books. He’s really gotten interested in them this year! As for his writing, I am soooo impressed! He’s really come a long way. And whenever he can, Emily is the topic of his writing. In one of his journals he wrote that on a rainy day he wants to sit and hold Emily. It’s so cute! He’s just head over heels for that sweet girl.
Recently, he was talking about the day he came to meet Emily in the hospital. He said to me, “Remember how she was all cuddly in my sweatshirt? I think I won’t ever forget that day.” That boy just melts my heart!!! I honestly don’t think he could be any sweeter. He’s the best big brother Cam and Emily could ask for. He’s constantly doing things like getting Cam his breakfast and singing to Emily if she’s fussy.
On the way home from school one day he was talking about babies and how they’re so cute and cuddly. I asked him if he was going to have a whole bunch of babies one day, and he said, “Not until I’m married!” Geez, Mom! LOL Then he asked me how many he should have, so I threw out the number 3. He hemmed and hawed, and told me it might depend on how many babies his wife wanted to have. LOL He also said he might only have 1 or 2 because he’s going to be busy working in the Air Force! LOL Which is what he went to Career Day dressed as! I told him that no matter how many babies he and his wife might have one day, I was sure he’d be an awesome daddy!
Kaden is looking forward to summer, so we can start heading back to the pool! He also really wants to go to Adventureland and the zoo (where he’ll take pics of all the animals). He's also pretty excited about not having to use his alarm clock or "dress his chair" at night. I think he's just ready for the laid back days of summer!
He wrote a really neat poem about summer at school last week. I'll have to pull it back out and share it--he was pretty proud! Apparently, he was the 1st one done, and Mrs. Smock read it to the whole class! :)




















1 comment:
ooo hes just growing up wayyyy too fast!
Post a Comment