Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Potty Training--Day 1

We've decided it's time Cam figures out this potty thing--we sooooo do NOT need 2 in diapers in a couple months! LOL So, today was Day 1 of potty training in the Baxter house. It hasn't been awful, but I also wouldn't call it successful.

Cam started the day by telling me no, he did not want to wear underwear today--way to have a positive attitude, Cam! I put the Thomas undies on him anyway, and he thought they were pretty cool and needed to be shown off!
Cam has been grabbing his bottom all day! LOL Apparently, it feels a lot different to have underwear on his bottom, rather than a diaper. :)

Up until now, we've only used the potty ring on the big potty. After Kaden, I was VERY against ever using the little potty again...but I sucked it up and got it out for Cam today. He has sat on it several times today, and really likes it! But he has still yet to pee on the potty. :( We've had about 3 accidents--not including the one in his diaper during rest--and zero successes. So, obviously he doesn't go often, and can hold it...it's all about timing, I guess!
Twice today he's come to me on his own and said, "Mom, I need to go potty!" Unfortunately, he had either already peed or was in the process of peeing. But I'm trying to think positive--he's NEVER even asked to sit before. Also, after rest and cleaning up from that accident, he said he wanted underwear on instead of another diaper. A step in the right direction! We'll see where it goes from here!


2 comments:

Lil Miss SassyPants said...

That's how Joe was: He would tell us that he had to go either during or right after. It took him a little bit to pick it up. His only real issue we have is that if he's doing something that he REALLY enjoys, he just goes in his pants instead of stopping to use the potty. Ever clean poop or pee out of tennies? Not fun.

C.Thompson said...

Hang in there!! He will get it down and potty training will be a thing of the past, well at least until for a few years,lol.