Monday, June 15, 2009

Swim Lessons--Day 1

64 and breezy...not exactly Ireallywanttogoswimming! weather. Kaden did great anyway, though! We got to the pool and the lifeguards assured us that the water really was very warm--even if it wasn't so warm out of the water. LOL Kaden is starting Level II this year. I saw them working on front and back floats and picking up objects from the bottom of the pool. I didn't have a great view, so no pics. :( Kaden said it was cold, but he had fun.

When he got to us after lessons he was shivering like crazy and had a purple tint to him. Josh dried him off, I got his shirt on him, Josh got his shoes on, and when we got to the van we cranked the heat for him. As soon as we got home he changed into dry clothes and cuddled up under a blanket for a while. I can't imagine how cold he was--I didn't even get into the water, and I was cold! Regardless, he's looking forward to going back tomorrow!

4 comments:

C.Thompson said...

I guess it is a good thing he is looking forward to going back tomorrow. I hate being cold. I remember back in college I did not take a swim final because we had to swim a timed mile outside in Dec.

Tera said...

Burr!! Hope he has better weather next time!

Brandy said...

I hear ya girls! If it were me I probably wouldn't want to go back! LOL I'm pretty sure he's just feeling pool deprived--we've only gone once since break started. It just hasn't been that warm here.

aunt megan said...

wasnt it like this last year...for some reason i remember going and it was cold...