Tuesday, May 5, 2009

H1N1

Crap, crap, crap on a stick! Cam is sick. :( He seemed fine when I picked him up from daycare and on the drive home. When we got home he climbed onto my chair w/Baby and Blankie to watch a cartoon. Nothing unusual there. I went into the kitchen to start supper and do some dishes, and in the meantime started to hear him cough...the dreaded barky cough. :( I didn't worry too much, though, because the last time or two that he's sounded croupy he made it through the night just fine.

Well, about an hour after we got home, I realized Cam hadn't wandered into the kitchen even once. Went to check on him and he was STILL sitting where I'd left him, and he did not look good. :( His cheeks were bright red and he just didn't look right. I asked him how he was feeling and he pulled up his shirt to show me his tummy "owie". I took his temp and it was 100.4, so I was off to dig out the Tylenol. When Kade and I ate supper Cam asked for some strawberries. He ate a bowl full and announced, "Mommy, I all better now!" :) He ate two more bowls, but still looked awful.

I helped Kade wrap a b-day present, got him to bed, and came back to Cam. I about died when I lifted him out of the chair (very gently, as his tummy was hurting again). He was absolutely burning up!!! This was an hour AFTER the Tylenol. I took his temp two more times (to make sure it was accurate) and it was 100.9--I actually expected it to be higher. He's laying on the couch now...barky coughing, looking uncomfortable, hot as all get out, and breathing a little loudly. :(

If this is that damn swine flu I'll smack someone! LOL In the meantime, I've got to get my rear covered for tomorrow. My room is soooo not ready for a sub. Heck it's not really ready for me for tomorrow. LOL Not such a huge deal normally, but Josh is out of town so it's just me. PLUS I've gotta get Kade to school tomorrow and he has a b-day party after that. No way could I let him miss that, or I might honestly have kept him home too. Have I got my priorities straight or what?! LOL

1 comment:

aunt megan said...

Kaden thinks you have your priorities perfectly in line:-D