Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Took Kade to the Doctor...

and basically got no answers. I can't stand when that happens. Especially since I took a whole day off. Sunday AM he complained of his mouth hurting. I just figured he'd slept w/his mouth open and it was really dry. Same thing Monday and Tuesday mornings. Then last night he started saying his mouth felt funny, and then that his mouth and throat hurt really bad. Followed by an "I think I'm going to puke". He never did, but was pretty upset. I let him lay on the couch instead of going to bed, and he was asleep pretty quickly. Up again at 3am crying because his mouth hurt. I couldn't find the Tylenol so I gave him some Triaminic cough/sore throat meds.

We decided to keep him home today and take him to the doc. Early this afternoon I noticed he had a fine rash all over his tummy and chest. Then I started seeing it on his hands, and his palms were really red. So, while he'd felt fine all day, when I saw this I was glad I'd made an appt.

Except we didn't really get any answers. His throat is red, but initial strep test came back negative. We'll see what the culture says, but I'm guessing it'll be OK too. She wasn't sure about the rash, thinks it's something viral. She did ask if he'd had a fever (thinking maybe Roseola), but if he's had one recently we never knew it. So, it's all a big question mark. Better than being something bad, I guess.

Off to school he goes tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness ya usually that rash with kids means the strep so that's weird...hope you figure it out...kade and i just like having problems that doctors just dont know about:-D