Friday, February 13, 2009

Kade's 5yr Visit

So, it's more like 5 1/2 years, but who's counting? :) We are finally home from Kaden's visit, and I know he's glad to have it done and over with. Especially the shots! He has known he had an appt coming up, but I waited until this morning to break the news that he was getting shots. He told me more than once that he was scared. :( I reassured him that that was normal and OK. I also told him that if he was brave he could pick a special treat for afterwards.

He got 4 shots total (2 in each leg) AND a finger stick for a lead test. And he was NOT happy, but he did OK. He was a very brave guy! He weighed in at 49lbs and is 45.5" tall!!! 75% for both areas! His eyesight is also better than mine--go figure. LOL Everything went pretty well, but our doc is a bit concerned about his retractile testicles. She is going to consult another doc and then possibly set up an ultrasound. We should hear about that soon, but I'm not too worried.

Oh, and on the way home we stopped at a gas station--that's what Kade requested for his special treat!LOL He and Cam picked out a snack, we stopped and picked up some Tylenol, and headed home. The roads in town are awful, so getting home is a whole nother post! But we made it, and both boys are hanging out on the couch and watching Curious George. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh kaden is so brave!!! He was nice enough to give his little brother a treat too:-D lol