Thursday, December 4, 2008

I don't wanna grow up. I'm a Toys R Us kid!

Kaden and I were talking on the drive home about how smart he is. He then said he's going to be smarter than me soon, so I told him that if he were smarter than me he'd have to be the mommy. :) At first he thought this was OK, and then he decided he couldn't:

K--I'm five, 1-2--3-4-5. I'm not old enough to be a mommy!
B--How old do you have to be?
K--Um, I think 13.
B--Oh, you have to be much older than that!

A little more conversation, and:
B--So, how old do you think you have to be to be a mommy?
K--Ummm, 26.
B--And how old do you have to be to be a daddy?
K--29.
B--Why do you have to be older to be a daddy?
K--Because daddys have to be bigger than mommys!

He then asked about whether Josh and I had a wedding before he was in my tummy. Then something led us to talk about my parents' house. I told him that I used to live there too. I explained that Uncle Eric, Mommy, Uncle Troy, Aunt Megan, and Uncle Marc all lived there when they were little (well, Marc still is little! LOL), but when we got bigger we moved out and went to college.

K--I don't want to turn into a grown up.
B--Why not?
K--Cuz then I'll have to move out of our house, and I don't want to move out of our house.
B--Well, you have lots and lots of time to be a kid still.
K--YEA!!! I'm so glad!

As we puled into the driveway, he then told me that we are going to have to move soon, because "Daddy is getting sooo big! He is so big that his head almost reaches the ceiling!"LOL Oh, the things you can talk about on the drive home! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny only 13 to be a mommy oh goodness i sure hope not lol!!! and daddies have to be bigger how cute!!! kade says the darnest things!

Unknown said...

LMAO! Sometimes you learn a lot in those drives huh? LOL!! Aidan is always telling us he is NOT going to college because then he has to move and he doesn't want to live without us. LOL! I tell him to talk to me again about it in 10 years and I am sure he will have changed his mind. LMAO!

Brandy said...

I told Kade the same thing. I don't even want to think about that day coming!LOL