Saturday, September 20, 2008

Seriously? Again?

Friday, Kaden spent most of the day resting in our room. He ate fine all day--soup, jello, etc. No problems. Today he was well enough to play soccer (pics later!), ate PB&J for lunch w/some go-gurt. Later he had fruit snacks. Still no problems. Around 5:00ish he had a piece of Cam's b-day cake (pics from his big day still to come!). Around 6:00 we sat down for supper. For the first 10mins he was being goofy w/Cam. I finally asked him to stop being silly and start eating.

Then it started...he was complaining of it being hot in the house (and it was warm) over and over. He'd eaten a chip, maybe two. Josh let him bring his hot dog into the LR where it was a bit cooler. He took a bite or two out of the bun and told Josh his mouth felt funny. Crap! Josh sent him into the kitchen where he proceeded to vomit all over the floor and then more into a pot I grabbed. Ugh! Poor kid! After all was said, cleaned up, and done he said he was tired and laid down in our room.

I'm not sure which is worse--cleaning vomit out of carpet (harder to do) or off linoleum (where you can literally see it all...including the mucous). TMI, but hey--at least YOU didn't have to clean it up! All the while trying not to let Kade see/hear you dry heave....

I cannot wait for this to all be over!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Brandy do you think maybe he has rotavirus??? IDK if he/the boys have runny #2's but vomiting is also a symptom of it. Anyways, just thought I would throw that out there! How he is better soon! *HUGS*

Brandy said...

The thought crossed my mind--Cam had one yucky diaper Thursday night. Kade hasn't had diarrhea at all though. I'm thinking it's just a stomach bug...we shall see what today holds! :)

C.Thompson said...

Poor Kaden. That sounds like what we had a few weeks back!! It just had to run it's course. Hope he is better soon!!

Anonymous said...

man that is a weird sickness...i hope he gets better!!!