Monday, September 29, 2008

More Croup

Cam started getting a snotty/runny nose Friday, but it was clear so we didn't really worry about it. He coughed a time or two yesterday during the day. Nothing to think twice about. Then around 10:00 last night he woke up w/that barky cough. Ugh!!! When I held him, he calmed down and was doing better. I tried to get him to drink some water, but he didn't want any. He handed his cup back to me and said one simple word--"sleep". So, I laid him back down. Not 10mins later he was at it again.

We went ahead and gave him a neb treatment which he so did not enjoy. Poor little guy. :( After it was done I was holding him and he says, "Want sleep couch, please." His little voice sounded so sad, tired, and pathetic. We figured that would be better anyway, as he'd be semi-propped up. When we prop his mattress he always goes to the other end, so that doesn't help. :) So, he and Josh had a sleepover in the living room last night.

His cough still sounded croupy through the night and into the morning, but he was doing better. By the afternoon his cough sounded more normal and he's hardly coughed at all tonight. We've got the humidifier going on high tonight, so hopefully we'll all get a more restful night's sleep.

UPDATED to add that I just looked back in my blog and remembered that Cam had a bout of Croup in July and August as well as this one. Not to mention all the previous ones. What is the deal?! Is this foreboding for down the road or will he grow out of this at some point?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better soon, and you all DO get some good sleep!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better soon, and you all DO get some good sleep!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...i sure hope he grows out of this...poor lil cam...