I washed his hair Sunday night, but it was still matted some, so it was hard to get a good look. Then Monday and Tuesday it started getting pussy and gross. Tuesday night Josh got it all unmatted (yea, daddy!) and poured rubbing alcohol on it to get it cleaned out. Then we got a good look...
I'm not even really sure how to describe it, but that area felt like a big knot--bigger than it had this wknd. And it was covered in, well, a rash I guess. These red raised bumps that were pussy and all over that area. It also looked like it had spread, because their were more bumps scattered around the area. He also had a couple on his neck and upper back, but they weren't pussy so we weren't sure if they were related or not.
We went back and forth on whether to wait til the next day and take him to our doctor or to head out to Urgent Care. UC won out. :) At first glance, the doctor thought Kade might have shingles! I about flipped when Josh told me that! Thankfully, he looked closer, though, and decided it was a bacterial infection. He thinks our initial guess was probably right. Kade probably had a bug bit, scratched it too much, and it got infected and was spreading.
So, now we're putting an ointment on it 3x a day (thanks, Lisa!), and he is taking antibiotics 2x a day. And thanks to Cam he takes it really well! He's asked many times why he doesn't "get" to take meds everyday like Cam. :) Well, for the next 10 days he can!
Another mysterious Kaden illness solved!LOL










2 comments:
I am so glad that Josh took him to urgent care! Poor guy! And lol at how he gets mysterious illnesses! HA! Silly boy!! I hope his head heals quickly and he is feeling better soon!
Poor little guy. Glad you took him to the doc and he is on his way to recovery.
Post a Comment